offers mental coaching for professional hockey players and juniors aiming for the top. We are based in Finland, but coach players in the best leagues all over the world: SM-liiga, KHL, European and North American leagues. Our job is to help our players harness their full potential and grow into their greatest version. Our mission is to empower personal & emotional growth to close the gap between potential and performance.
Our systematic individual coaching programme is designed to improve players’ performance. By developing players’ ability to control their mental state and create solutions to the challenges they face, players are able to perform at a higher level more consistently throughout the season. We also bring our psychosocial expertise for the use of the whole team through small group coaching and coach education. Hockey coaches also seek our individual counselling when looking for ways to execute at the highest possible level, and get their players to do the same. We also coach retiring athletes, and help them to orientate towards a new self and new opportunities.
Professional Mental Coach Mirjam Wallin
“As a hockey Mental Coach I want to help my players find ways to tap into their maximum potential. I support and guide their growth process, and empower them to find new resources within themselves. The coaching process allows the player to raise their level of performance, and together we create more well-being & success for the player and his team.”
- Certified Mental Coach (The Finnish Psychological Association)
- Master of Social Sciences (M.Soc.Sc, University of Tampere)
- Coaching in SM-Liiga since 2017, fourth season now in Rauman Lukko
- Part of coaching staff for Finnish Champions 2021 in Lukko Liiga and U20 teams
- Professional Member of the Finnish Sport Psychology association, SUPY
- 10 years of experience in coaching for performance, coping and personal growth
- Studies in Sport Psychology, Psychology, Social psychology and Adult education (University of Tampere & University of Jyväskylä)
- Studies in Mental Coaching: Athlete-centered coaching & Group Processes (Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences)
- Currently studying: Performance Coach (ICF Certification, Canada)
- Licenced Personal Trainer (Trainer4You, APT Authorized)
- Member of Finnish Coaches Association
Individual mental coaching is a confidential, personal growth process that enhances mental performance. Through regular reflection of games, performance, mental state and other life events, we are able to increase self-awareness and the ability to regulate performance states. A trained and experienced mental coach helps players to navigate their way through the challenges they face, and systematically improve their mental and social skills.
During the coaching sessions, we discuss things that the player finds important at the time. They might be things that happened during a game, fluctuations in confidence or other things inside the team or outside the rink that are affecting performance, well-being or creativity. Often we need to work with feelings – emotions are the driving force for everything we do and are able to do. Sometimes they allow us to succeed, sometimes we underachieve. From both experiences, the coaching process allows you to find the growth you need to reach the next level.
Win the Mental Game™